Sunday, September 9, 2007

Shopping

Today I was looking for a couple new blouses of the dressier variety. I have a pet peeve that I have to express. Ok I may be a bigger(aka fat) chick, but that doesn't mean I'm doomed to a fashion faux pas life. Seriously, if you think that a big chick wants to wear a damn buckle in the middle of her chest you're dead wrong. Oh and patterns... for the love of god do you really think we want to resemble a bloated zebra? I'm not dressing up to be an eighties version of your couch. Damn. Stop with the animal prints! If I went out in a tiger print I'd probably get hit with a dart from animal control.
So drop the damn buckles and bows in the middle of the boobs, and leave the animal prints to those that wear them best: the animals. Damn fashion designers need to pull their heads out of their asses and make bigger clothes like they make smaller clothes.
Ok I'm a fat fuck, I accept that but I'll be damned if I draw attention to it. Ugh.

2 comments:

Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Great post and I agree with you 100%. Us fat chicks need clothes too :-)

I was reading your post and when I got to "leave the animal print to the animals to wear" and had a vision of a zebra wearing a human print! Can you imagine?! LOL

EditThis said...

I feel your pain. It's hard to find clothes here in L.A. if you're not a f-ing model. I consider myself to be pretty height/weight proportionate, maybe 15 lbs overweight - but most of the stores here should have signs outside that say, "Do not enter unless you are a 12 year old Asian girl." What happened to pants that cover your crotch??

Damn...I would LOVE to see an animal wearing human print. We have boring print, though. I think red head wear might be popular because of the freckles.