Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fire! Fire!



Tonight we realized I really do have some strange affinity for fire. Ironic because my father was a fire fighter. I was a friend of Smokey the Bear, and I learned early that Smokey's friends don't play with matches. Why is it that I lit the table on fire in chemistry class, can set a campfire with the best of them and I'm typically the one everyone calls to get the charcoal going? Maybe to know fire you have to become fire. Realizing the things that make up fire. Fire can create its own weather. Fire can cancel itself out if done correctly. The respect one must have for fire, and the fact that there is a thin line in creating or destroying with a flame as well.
Hmm. As a water sign I realize that I may easily be cancelled out with fire. I can be transformed from a liquid into steam in mere seconds.
Fire, yes fire. Looks like the cavemen had it right all along. Spark, flame, fire and end it all off with one hell of a dance around the pit.
Dance on cavemen. Tonight I salute you with a full stomach from a wonderfully barbequed steak. Dance on flamers! Dance on!



A fire can also manifest remarkable images. Here's a picture I took when we were around the campfire out at Tiger Lake.

1 comment:

EditThis said...

Coming from SoCal where we have fires every summer, I can say people definitely don't understand the power of the flame. Such a simple thing, and so deadly if you let it run wild.