Saturday, September 22, 2007

Looking for a new domicile

Well it's official. I've given my notice to my apartment complex, The Robbery Inn. I'm moving out at the end of October. Me and Rikki Blue Eyes are looking for a new place to call home. This is one of those situations that can change your life for better or worse.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to check out a place right off Fauntleroy Way. I drove by it today and... wow. The couple who owns the home has a studio (?) or basement apartment. They're older people, and I could honestly deal with renting a place underneath some old peeps. The woman sounds amazingly sweet, but we'll see. I'll tell you whose parents I wish I could rent from... Rob's parents. They're the coolest mom and pops I've ever met. Well, besides my own of course. :)
The way this place looks is that it actually sits on a private lane (expensive houses) right next to the shoreline. Actually I think it's right on the shore. That would freakin' rock!
Ok I'll back off and not get my hopes up. I'm just concerned about the size of it. What if it's way too small? Have I already built myself up for a disappointment?
Ugh! Well I'll let you all know how it goes. If everything looks fine I'll give them a check tomorrow for a deposit. If not... the search continues.
For now, here's a wonderful picture I took earlier this summer of Mt. Rainer while on the Vashon Ferry. Enjoy.

2 comments:

EditThis said...

So, how'd it look?

ile said...

Way too small. The property was awesome and the two 80 year olds were lovely people. I offered to help them trim their trees even though I wouldn't be renting from them.
This will be a perfect place for someone without a lot of stuff. Unfortunately I have just enough stuff to be considered too much. BIG BUMMER! :(