Monday, April 28, 2008

That Virtual Kind of Love

So back in November I was introduced to a new world in gaming land. I was introduced to Second Life, and boy has it been a blast. Basically it's like SIMS but every person you come across has a real life human being behind them. It's role play. It takes the introverted and helps them become anything they want to be. It takes the less than perfect people and allows them to become perfect in their own way. Me... it helped me find my human side again. It also helped me find out that I, indeed, still have a living, breathing heart trapped inside this frozen chest of mine.
I've found new friends. I've found great friends. I've found more of myself than I knew existed. I'm much like my avatar because ile Republic is actually in truth, ile gonzales. I speak the same, love the same, cry the same... am the same.
Drop about 60 pounds and you'll envision the way I want to be in real life. In-world I practice the things that I mean to work on. Things that I believed were gone are now returning to my soul. My comfort is now softer than a slab of marble.
In this virtual kind of love I have reinvented what I want to do with my life, and slowly but surely I'm making progress one day at a time.
Progress... it's the season's new accessory.

No comments: