Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Devil's Pill

So the latest anti-crazy drug I'm on is Paxil. Yes I've tried a lot of them. What else are you going to do when you're a major depressive? Oy!
Anyway, Paxil has got to be the worst fucking drug I have ever taken. It has to be as bad as crack! If you miss a day's dose it totally messes you up. I'm talking major dizziness, aural and visual disturbances... strange shit.
Something tells me this probably isn't any better for the illin' ile. The problem: weaning off of the drug is a painful process. You can't just quit it or half the damn thing to be weaned. You literally have to shave slivers off of it, or it will make you really sick including psychotically suicidal.
I'm guessing I missed a dose or two sometime in the last week because vertigo and I are very friendly as of late. Word to the wise: NEVER let your doctor put you on Paxil. Tragic.

4 comments:

EditThis said...

I didn't (thankfully) have those problems when I was briefly put on Paxil. Prozac has been my workable drug for years now.

EditThis said...

BTW - am I the only one who comments on your blog? Where the hell is Rob?

Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Paxil is what I was on when the whole Vertigo thing started with me. After that they moved me back to Celexa, Zyprexa and Klonopin (OH MY!)...

The only way I got better was to stop taking all of them. I don't always feel better in my mind but I would deal with taht over vertigo anyday.

ile said...

Yes you are. LMAO.