Friday, October 12, 2007

10.12.07

I had a very stark realization about myself tonight. I'm the type of person people easily forget. I was talking with some friends about how I'm always that girl in the group that has to be introduced about 5 times before someone remembers me. Why? I don't do anything crazy, obnoxious, flamboyant... I'm very non-descript. I'm the woman in the corner, the one in the shadows... I'm ile.
I can't change who I am, nor do I want to. I have friends tell me I'm a great, good, amazing, wonderful, etc person, but I'm never the one others want to get to know better. Make sense? Why? Am I too normal? Am I too depressing? What do I need to do to make myself more of a people pleaser? Will I have to wait until someone develops the brain transplant?
Maybe if I was born 2000 years in the future I would be ile, the woman you meet that one time with the beautiful body, charming smile and crowd-pleasing appeal.
Sigh. I guess it's nice to dream. Goodnight friends.
Love you.

No comments: